Search our website

Dharmalaya FAQ for Visitors & Volunteers > Programmes at Dharmalaya > What type of visa should I apply for if I'm not a citizen of India?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Dharmalaya’s programmes are considered ‘ecotourism’, not formal volunteer work, so you should apply for a tourist visa (not an employment or student visa). When we asked the government officials for clarification about this, they said that everyone should apply for a tourist visa and just mention ‘tourism’ as your purpose for visiting India (not volunteering or study).

Last updated on 10 May, 2014 by Dharmalaya Institute