Virtual Volunteers: Work at Home or Online
Do you have some time, skills, and enthusiasm you could dedicate to the cause of supporting Dharmalaya’s charitable work and raising awareness about issues related to sustainable and compassionate living? If so, you may enjoy volunteering for Dharmalaya from the comfort of your own home, or online from wherever you happen to be.
Types of Volunteer Activities Available for Virtual Volunteers
Currently, Dharmalaya needs dedicated, dependable volunteers to perform the following tasks:
- Research on various topics related to sustainability
- Writing educational material to be featured on the Dharmalaya website and elsewhere
- Translating between English and Hindi (requires fluency in both languages)
- Recruiting new members and supporters for Dharmalaya
- Fundraising and grantwriting for our charitable programmes (in person or online)
- Help with social networking & online outreach
- Website maintenance/graphic design/animation work (skilled designers/programmers only)
- Help organise and coordinate online initiatives (virtual project management)
- Legal advice (qualified legal professionals only)
Requirements for Volunteers
At-home/online volunteers must be willing and able to meet the following requirements:
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for voluntary service work
- Part-time commitment of least one month (and sometimes more, depending on the activity)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Good, clear communication skills
- Reasonably dependable Internet access for communication with Dharmalaya staff and others
- Certain specific volunteer positions may have other requirements.
Applying for At-home/Online Volunteering
If you are interesting in applying to be an at-home/online volunteer for Dharmalaya, please complete our virtual volunteer application form here.