Make a Charitable Donation
Dharmalaya Society is a volunteer organisation relying on gifts from our supporters to serve and to grow. While we are committed to a model of financial self-sustainability for our day-to-day activities, the demand for our programmes continually outpaces our modest revenue and we rely on your gifts, grants, and material contributions to build capacity and expand the reach of our programs for greater benefit. Contributions are tax-deductible in India and the USA to the extent allowed by law.
Dharmalaya’s Current Needs
Our greatest present needs are for:
- INR 8,50,000 (~US$14,000) to complete the eco-friendly construction of the Dharmalaya Institute
- INR 9,00,000 (~US$15,000) for renewable energy systems (solar, micro-hydro, biogas) for the Institute
- INR 2,04,000 (~US$3,400) for the multilingual resource library (books, videos, CDs) at the Institute
- INR 4,80,000 (~US$8,000) to fund a documentary film on the establishment of the Institute
- Donations of solar photovoltaic systems, solar water heating systems, solar pumps, and a water purification system
- Donation of a utility vehicle for transporting goods and passengers
- Donation of bicycles to enable our program participants to travel to and from the nearby villages in an eco-friendly manner
Donate Securely Online
If you would like to make a secure online donation now (using any credit or debit card that supports international transactions), click the button below:
Dharmalaya Society is registered under the Himachal Pradesh Societies Registration Act of 2006 (registration number 4305). Dharmalaya has also been approved by the Government of India as a tax-exempt charitable organisation under Section 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Dharmalaya is also a member organisation of the Earthville Network, a global nonprofit organisation (INGO) founded in India in 1997 and incorporated in California, USA, in 2000 as a 501(c)(3) charitable organisation.
As such, charitable contributions to Dharmalaya are tax-deductible in both India and the USA, to the extent allowed by law. For information about how to donate, click here.
When you donate, you will receive a tax receipt electronically at the email address you provided. If you reside in India, the receipt will be from Dharmalaya. If you are in the USA, the receipt will be from our US partner organisation, the Earthville Network, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
Donate by Post or in Person
If you prefer to make your contribution by post, by bank transfer, or in person, please contact us here for details.